Potato Salad Recipe
The German Butchery’s Traditional German Potato Salad
The way it has been made by our family for generations.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1kg Potatoes, skin on (smooth, for boiling, e.g. Nadine)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 Kassler short cut bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 250g German Butchery Fleischsalat
- 200g whole egg mayonnaise
- 6 Kühne pickled gherkins (sweet and sour), finely chopped
- 100ml gherkin juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 20 to 25 minutes until soft but not falling apart. Set aside to cool, then peel.
- Pan-fry onions and Kassler over medium heat until golden. Do not add oil or butter. Stir regularly.
- Dice potatoes into roughly 2cm cubes. Add onion mixture and stir. Then add Fleischsalat, mayonnaise and gherkins. Mix well. Finally, add gherkin juice, salt and pepper.
- Store in fridge until served.
- Guten Appetit!